Tuesday, July 24, 2007

MADE IT HOME!

Madilyn and family are now home. We left the hospital 7-22-2007, one day after delivery, as our Dr's said we were doing so well and felt so good! Hospital time went well, labor and delivery was quick and easy, and Alissa is still finding it hard to believe she delivered a baby because she feels like she did before she was pregnant and has a lot of energy!!! First day home we went for a walk from 122nd to 110 and back home. Nothing can stop the Abelson crew!

Message From Madi: So far I have taken walks, hung out with Grandma and Grandpa Abelson and Aunt Joanne Abelson. I have slept and ate and gotten used to my new home. Also, I had my first home bath and Dr appointment with my pediatrician! I am as healthy as can be and I am LOVING being up at night!!!!

From Parents: We do not mind when she is up at all hours because we signed up for this and cherish the extra time we get to see her! We are sure we will look back at all our new experiences with awe, even if some memories are formed when most people are sleeping! Our daughter is so darn gorgeous, she can get away with it! We have loved our adjustment to parenthood and are still in AWE of our daughter and how beautiful she is!!!!!!!! She is perfect in our eyes and we are beyond blessed and proud!

We will keep posting pics and stories. Thanks everyone for the wishes you have emailed to us. We wish we could see everyone and miss the family and friends we cannot see right now.

We especially miss and remember our grandparents, Gertrude Smith, May and Murray Abelson, and Bernard Brasser at this time. We miss them dearly and they live on in our little Madi Gwen's life! We are so excited that Madi has so many great-grandparents here to celebrate her life: Maxine and Jerry Levenson, Phil Smith, and Ruth Brasser, and all 6 young grandparents among other special family and friends!!!!!!!!!

Alissa and Stephen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madi is so cute! I am impressed (but not surprised) by all your energy Alissa! Matt and I are looking forward to seeing all three of you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl! I know she will be a joy to raise and a wonderful person, so like Grandma May, who was always there for everyone. Loved the photos of Steve with his little princess. You are the greatest couple and now your family is established. Can't wait to see you all.
Love,
Aunt Bev

Anonymous said...

She's perfect! Andy and I can't wait to meet her.