Thursday, October 21, 2010

Updates 10.21.10

Today I have a second round of bloodwork for the sequential screening. November 8th we have a monthly check-up. On November 19th we have an anatomy scan of all vital organs of Baby Abelson #2, and, if baby cooperates, we can find out sex!!!!!!! I am at the end of week 16.

Madi has been thriving at and loving her new school. Teachers who come in contact with her-in the hallway, when classes combine, at the after school program (led by teachers from the school, etc) all come to me with stories of how friendly she is, how she dialogues what she is doing in a way uncommon for her age, concentration, how she holds a book, that she is the only one to consistently ask to play the keyboard each morning, how musical she is, what she says, etc. One teacher even showed me a video from her iphone and we get daily logs showing pictures and little snipets of what they did that day.

Madi is very verbal, knows exactly what she wants, and often tells us her plan "I am going to go potty then we can do blocks"... things like that. She is getting very good at going to the potty and telling us when she has to go. She only will go typically if she initiates it, she doesn't like us to ask her to go. She doesn't like wearing a diaper at night and says "it is not cozy" or "it isn't comfortable". We can often see her at night changing her toys' diapers and telling them they "only have to wear it at night and when we wake in the morning we can take it off" (mirroring what we say to her). She has been waking up and saying "I am not tired anymore, I am wet, I have to go potty" or something of the nature.

She is very sweet and gives compliments to people "I like your belt" etc, but also has been starting to say when she doesn't like someone "based on something she doesn't like about their facial expression or outfit (bright blue tights for example).

More later,
Abelsons

No comments: