Tuesday, December 19, 2006

First Picture of Baby Abelson

December 15th

We went to get Sonogram done today by a nurse named Sonia. She did a whole host of sonogram pictures to measure the size of my Uterus, the baby, the heartbeat, and so on, with an internal and external sonogram. West Side Radiology gave the information from this visit with the pictures to Dr. Aaron so she could be sure that all is well with the baby.

I shed some tears as I really sat and thought about what I was seeing on the screen; a little baby, 0.9CM, almost 7 weeks. Sonograms made the whole process real at this point since I am not showing and I cannot feel anything. So, to see the flicker of light as the sonogram showed the beating heart was so beautiful and made this a very real experience for both of us.

Alissa and Steve

No comments: